The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on 25th May 2018. Exminster Film Club will comply with the requirements and this document describes how we use and protect any information you give us.
Exminster Film Club (EFC) take the security of your personal information very seriously. Under no circumstances will we sell, distribute or lease your information to any third party unless required to do so by law. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure EFC have put in place procedures to safeguard and secure collected information.
Our website address is: https://exminsterfilmclub.org.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information which may be held by EFC:
Exminster Film Club holds your name, your contact details (address, phone number, email address) and details of any specific enquiries
Why do we collect these details:
- To communicate with you as an EFC member
- To respond to contact from you
- To provide a better service to you as an EFC member
How are these details collected:
- Annual completion of a Membership Form giving signed consent to the EFC to obtain, retain and use your personal data appropriately.
- Enquiries submitted directly via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
How long do we retain this information:
- Membership details are renewed on an annual basis
- All other information will be kept for a period not exceeding three years
Your rights as an EFC Member:
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have the following rights:
- Right of access: if you want to know what personal information we hold about you please contact us. You also have the right to know what purpose it is being stored for. EFC will respond as soon as practicable within 28 days. Normally there is no charge for responding to such requests. However, should the number and/or frequency of such requests become unreasonable EFC reserve the right to charge an administration fee.
- Right to rectification: if you believe any of personal information is inaccurate please contact us. Corrections will be made as soon as practicable within 28 days.
- Right to erasure: if you wish us to remove any of your data from our records please contact us. Data will be erased as soon as practicable and within 28 days.
- Right to complain: if you wish to complain about the manner in which EFC are managing your personal data you should lodge a complaint with the UK supervisory authority, The Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (ico.org.uk).
Website specific data collection
When visitors leave comments on the EFC Website we collect the data shown in the comments form, the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on the EFC Website you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Cookies are also used on the EFC Website to provide anonymised tracking data to third party applications like Google Analytics. As a rule, cookies will make your browsing experience better. However, you may prefer to disable cookies on this site and on others. The most effective way to do this is to disable cookies in your browser. We suggest consulting the Help section of your browser or taking a look at the About Cookies website which offers guidance for all modern browsers.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.